17 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

JOURNAL ENTRY 2 (revised version)



        According to  the Times Higher Education Rankings 2012-2013, Middle East Techinical University is the best university of Turkey and it is in the top 250 universities of the world in terms of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and internatioal outlook. Because of the prestige of METU, being a student at this university is source of pride and priviledge for me.
        I am happy about being at METU in the way of opportunity for socializing, academic achivement and social prestige I have during my education years and especially after my graduation.Firstly, quite a few clubs,activities,groups and teams are found in METU in order to socialize, improve oneself or serve society.For instance, I participate in METU without Barriers Student Club and Ankara Voluntary Team.In my opinion,these clubs are really effective on socialization and serving to society.They provide us with the opportunity for meeting people from different cultures and also supporting people who need  help or have disabilities.Apart from these clubs,there are lots of sport, music and research clubs to improve oneself in a special area.Secondly,METU classes are a great deal more difficult than high school classes and other universties classes.This fact prompts me to study harder and pushs the edge of my envelope and leads me to think 'The harder I study ,the more successful I will be in my university life and academic career.'As a result,this university improves me academically.Finally,students who graduate from METU have social prestige because they graduate from the university as qualified people.Therefore, employers prefer them.
        In addition to all its positive effects, being at METU is challenging for me in some ways.First of all,one of the most challenging thing for me is about time management.For example, sometimes I think I have too much free time and then I think I have no time to do anything.In order to cope up with this, I try to plan my life for each day.Another one is about the increased academic demands.There are more writing,reading and assignments for each class and they sometimes are overwhelming.A schedule may be a good idea to overcome the assignments.
         In summary, being at METU is both the source of pride and happiness and sometimes really challenging for me.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder